Caza & Armas
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

ÍndiceÍndice  PortalPortal  Últimas imágenesÚltimas imágenes  RegistrarseRegistrarse  ConectarseConectarse  

MacNAUGHTON 12 BORE ROUND ACTION TRIGGERPLATE BAR-IN-WOOD

+5
jfgc
Coronel
Asterix
Josete
viti
9 participantes
AutorMensaje
viti
Administrador
Administrador
viti

MacNAUGHTON 12 BORE ROUND ACTION TRIGGERPLATE BAR-IN-WOOD Empty
MensajeTema: MacNAUGHTON 12 BORE ROUND ACTION TRIGGERPLATE BAR-IN-WOOD   MacNAUGHTON 12 BORE ROUND ACTION TRIGGERPLATE BAR-IN-WOOD Icon_minitimeVie 29 Ago 2014, 13:48

J. MacNaughton & Sons, Edinburgh: This is the "Edinburgh Gun", A Superb Conditioned and Very Elegant Hammerless Round Action Triggerplate Bar-In-Wood (Skeleton-Action) Double 12 Bore Nitro Made about 1933; This very gun, #3558, is the last recorded gun of the original MacNaughton business and their records, The record of this gun is undated and it is believed to have been delivered either during or shortly after WWII, The current owners have confirmed this fact, It has 28" Ejector dovetail lump barrels with hidden third bite at .733" .007 & .027" (Open Imp.Cyl. & Imp.Mod.), 2 3/4" chambers, Wall thickness on the right and left at .0275"; Original London Nitro Proved at 1 1/8 ounce and then London proved to 3 1/4 tons when the chambers were lengthened to 2 3/4" from 2 1/2" & marked with the proper reproof, The safety is a turning top lever on the top strap, Double triggers, The receiver top tang with the MacNaughton trap door, Splinter forend with an Anson release, Straight hand stock at 14 3/4 x 1 1/2 x 1 7/8" over a 5/8" removable leather pad with plugs, It will go 15 3/16" with a 1" pad, Cast-off for the right hand, Great game gun weight at 6 lbs. 11 oz., Very nice wood with excellent black/brown contrast, Good bite remains, 95% coverage of classic scroll engraving, 40% original case colors, 98% case colors remain inside the forend, 60% original case colors on the breech face, A professional reblack on the barrels and now remain at 97%, The stock & forend are at 95%, The checkering is at 98%, The bores are 100% bright and shiny and remain like new. This is special stuff from one of the most famous Edinburgh Gunmakers of the 19th century. It is estimated that about 100 bar-in-wood MacNaughton actions were made and roughly about 200 solid bar actions. ///////////////////// Mr. Steven Dodd Hughes could not have said it better, "To me, the MacNaughton will always represent the sexiest and best-handling double guns of my experience." "The original Scottish round-action triggerplate gun, the MacNaughton, is among the most elegant double guns ever made. The bar-in-wood, or skeleton-action, gun may be the curvaceous pinnacle of stockmaking." "With a simple yet elegant and rugged mechanism, it seems to me as durable and practical as any double of the era." //////////////////// James MacNaughton was the patentee of the first round action similar to Dickson’s own later design. His round action triggerplate lockwork was patent #2848 of 1879 which included a falling block as well as this SxS. This patent is certainly the forerunner of all the round actions that are still made to this day. This classic MacNaughton system also carried a U. S. patent #264,723 of 1882. The firm became James MacNaughton & Sons at 36 Hanover in 1905 and remained there until 1940. In 1999 the owners of James MacNaughton bought John Dickson & Son Ltd and formed the company trading under the name of Dickson & MacNaughton to this day. In 1967 David McKay Brown started his own company and in 1974 he built his first round action gun that stills carries his name to this very day.

Price: $27,750.00

[Tienes que estar registrado y conectado para ver esa imagen]

17-06-2014  D. DIEGO GODOY HORRILLO D.E.P
14-12-2020  D.  ENRIQUE CASTRO  -  BILOAYE D.E.P
25-4-2021    D. JAVIER PORTELA -- HOLLAND D.E.P
31-10-2023  D. JOSE RAMON SAN MARTIN -- EL NAVAJO D.E.P

NO OS OLVIDAMOS
https://www.cazayarmas.org
Josete

3ª
Josete

MensajeTema: Re: MacNAUGHTON 12 BORE ROUND ACTION TRIGGERPLATE BAR-IN-WOOD   MacNAUGHTON 12 BORE ROUND ACTION TRIGGERPLATE BAR-IN-WOOD Icon_minitimeVie 29 Ago 2014, 13:53

Esta si, si que me gusta.
Asterix
Asterix

MensajeTema: Re: MacNAUGHTON 12 BORE ROUND ACTION TRIGGERPLATE BAR-IN-WOOD   MacNAUGHTON 12 BORE ROUND ACTION TRIGGERPLATE BAR-IN-WOOD Icon_minitimeVie 29 Ago 2014, 15:44

Qué elegancia y finura, pero dónde llevarás las chispas?.
Coronel
Administrador
Administrador
Coronel

MensajeTema: Re: MacNAUGHTON 12 BORE ROUND ACTION TRIGGERPLATE BAR-IN-WOOD   MacNAUGHTON 12 BORE ROUND ACTION TRIGGERPLATE BAR-IN-WOOD Icon_minitimeSáb 30 Ago 2014, 05:25

Asterix escribió:

Bar-in-wood, la traducción literal es "mecanismos (chispas) en la madera". Es decir van ocultos en la madera, en vez de ir ocultos entre acero. (sean pletinas, enteras, medias, falsas, verdaderas, simuladas, con pines o sin ellos).

A mí, aunque me parece una escopeta muy fina, lo cierto es que me abruma tanta madera.

jfgc

9ª
jfgc

MensajeTema: Re: MacNAUGHTON 12 BORE ROUND ACTION TRIGGERPLATE BAR-IN-WOOD   MacNAUGHTON 12 BORE ROUND ACTION TRIGGERPLATE BAR-IN-WOOD Icon_minitimeMar 09 Sep 2014, 20:46

Qué elegancia y finura, pero dónde llevarás las chispas?. escribió:
Asterix donde quieres que las tenga esta buena señora ?
Ocultas las tiene las chispas, en una cosa parecida a esta.
Saludos. José
kartu

7ª
kartu

MensajeTema: Re: MacNAUGHTON 12 BORE ROUND ACTION TRIGGERPLATE BAR-IN-WOOD   MacNAUGHTON 12 BORE ROUND ACTION TRIGGERPLATE BAR-IN-WOOD Icon_minitimeMar 09 Sep 2014, 21:13

Vaya obra de arte!! Yo tambien me preguntaba por las chispas jujuui, pero otra cosa aprendida!!
Jager
Moderador
Moderador

MensajeTema: Re: MacNAUGHTON 12 BORE ROUND ACTION TRIGGERPLATE BAR-IN-WOOD   MacNAUGHTON 12 BORE ROUND ACTION TRIGGERPLATE BAR-IN-WOOD Icon_minitimeMar 09 Sep 2014, 23:08

Coronel escribió:
Asterix escribió:

Bar-in-wood, la traducción literal es "mecanismos (chispas) en la madera". Es decir van ocultos en la madera, en vez de ir ocultos entre acero. (sean pletinas, enteras, medias, falsas, verdaderas, simuladas, con pines o sin ellos).

A mí, aunque me parece una escopeta muy fina, lo cierto es que me abruma tanta madera.

Estoy con nuestro coronel, demasiada madera. Me gustan con más metales y grabados a la vista (que no quiere decir que no me guste).

Un cordial saludo.
Bladerunner

1ª

MensajeTema: Re: MacNAUGHTON 12 BORE ROUND ACTION TRIGGERPLATE BAR-IN-WOOD   MacNAUGHTON 12 BORE ROUND ACTION TRIGGERPLATE BAR-IN-WOOD Icon_minitimeMar 09 Sep 2014, 23:29

Jager escribió:
Coronel escribió:
Asterix escribió:

Estoy con nuestro coronel, demasiada madera. Me gustan con más metales y grabados a la vista (que no quiere decir que no me guste).

Un cordial saludo.
Estoy con vosotros , fierro es fierro
macas
7ª 1/2
7ª 1/2

MensajeTema: Re: MacNAUGHTON 12 BORE ROUND ACTION TRIGGERPLATE BAR-IN-WOOD   MacNAUGHTON 12 BORE ROUND ACTION TRIGGERPLATE BAR-IN-WOOD Icon_minitimeMar 09 Sep 2014, 23:46

a mi me parece una escopeta como los camarones , exquisita .... tiene que tener un tacto muy agradable y còmoda .
Contenido patrocinado

MensajeTema: Re: MacNAUGHTON 12 BORE ROUND ACTION TRIGGERPLATE BAR-IN-WOOD   MacNAUGHTON 12 BORE ROUND ACTION TRIGGERPLATE BAR-IN-WOOD Icon_minitime

MacNAUGHTON 12 BORE ROUND ACTION TRIGGERPLATE BAR-IN-WOOD
Página 1 de 1.